In October 2014 we moved to the town of Winterbach in the Rems Valley.
Winterbach lies in the fertile Rems Valley approximately 23 km from Stuttgart. The town was first officially mentioned in the year 1046 by Heinrich III (King and Emperor of the Roman-German Empire), however a number of findings suggest that the town is much older than this.
The numerous half-timbered houses, the church of St. Michael from 1309, the viniculture (since 1293) and the Schurwald forest uniquely distinguish townscape. Winterbach belongs to the most wealthy boroughs in Baden-Württemberg and the borough invests a great deal of money in the conservation and restoration of the town.